Passages Pagan Pregnancy: A Spiritual Journey From Maiden To Mother
When a woman is pregnant, she becomes the very essence of the Goddess: she who carries life within her, she who will rebirth new life created from old.
There is more to a Pagan pregnancy than simply recognizing that pregnancy and birth have spiritual aspects. This book addresses those aspects of pregnancy and birth from a uniquely Neopagan perspective.
Rituals, exercises, and meditations form an essential part of the book, designed to help the woman attune to the energies that shift throughout pregnancy.
Topics explored include:
- Spiritually preparing for pregnancy
- Spiritual support for the physical, emotional, and spiritual changes that occur throughout gestation
- Spiritual support for miscarriage and abortion
- Rituals for conception, safe pregnancy, and safe delivery
- Responsible magical practice during pregnancy
- Ideological examination of pregnancy in myth and folklore
- Reference lists of animal spirits and deities associated with safe pregnancy and birth